Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Too late for the Olympics


I think I am one of the few knitters that did not join the Knitting Olympics. I didn't feel that I had enough time to complete any really challenging projects during the time span that was allotted, but a friend told me that maybe my challenge could have been just to complete a pair of socks. Even though I have made socks before, could I complete a pair in that time span? So, even though I am not on an official team, I have made it a personal goal to try to complete the pair of socks I am working on before the end of the Olympics. I have finished one sock in a week, so we will see how it goes. I have enjoyed working with the Opal self-patterning yarn.

I received the Stampato yarn that I ordered already. I was told it would take 2 weeks, but Beehive Wool in Victoria, Canada mailed it right away and I received in just over a week. Maybe I'll get 2 pairs of socks knitted for the KAL this month!!

I also wanted to share my first fair isle project that I did in Nov. 2005. I took a class to learn how to work with the different colored yarns and how to read a knitting chart - it sure is different from reading a cross-stitch chart! I am still learning how to take picture of my knitting, so please bear with me as I play with my camera, lighting and backgrounds. The hat came out longer than I expected, but I might be able to fix that some if I ever get around to blocking it.


You can see the design a little better in the close-up. Unfortunately you can also tell that I need more practice in getting my stitches to look more like a perfect V. Oh well, practice (causes more frustration) makes perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home