Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Ta-da
I finished my socks on Friday after a little emergency. I ran out of the Opal yarn I was using and couldn't figure out why I couldn't get a pair of socks out of one 100 gm ball of yarn, when everyone else seems to be able to do it! Well, I neglected to read the label and was using the wrong size needles. My friend at the LYS rescued me again with some yarn from her stash to use on the toes. I'm very happy with the results - the color I used for the toes matches the blue in the white stripe that looks kinda like fair isle.


Pattern : Basic sock pattern, ribbing is k2p2

yarn - Opal (sorry, I couldn't read the color number on the label)

started 2/7/06, finished 2/24/06

I like the yarn, don't you just love self-patterning yarn? It makes it look like you worked really hard on your project (and no loose ends to weave in!!).

My next challenge is to see if I can finsish the second red sock before 2/28/06 at midnight!!

Onward sock-ho!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home