Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Life is busy,and I like it like that. I haven't had time to think too much about being an empty nester. So, while husband is setting up the new DVD release of "My Life in Ruins," I will give you a quick update.
Knitting projects:
A baby hat for a workmate at work that is due soon. (This really isn't the only thing I gave her, but it is the only thing I made for her).
Salish Sea Socks for the 2007 Rockin' Sock Club through Blue Moon Fiber Arts (75% finished)
New Purchases:
Yarn for the Rosamund Cardigan (see more pictures here)from the Fall 2009 issue of Knits. I bought the yarn last weekend while in Sacramento visiting Son#2 and stocking up his fridge with food. The yarn is Royal Llama Silk by Plymouth Yarn Co. (60% Llama and 40% silk)......
Mariposa Shawl kit from Southwest Trading Co. (The kit was purchased from Websters in Ashland) The yarn is Bamboo - 100%, color #182

I have also had fun cooking from the few things that we grow on our property.
Ugly apples......

Make yummy apple crisp.......
Tonight I made the Toscana Soup (Olive Garden's recipe scroll down until you see the recipe) using fresh Kale and Yukon Gold potatoes from our garden. Boy was it Yummy. I also made Cheddar Bay biscuits. Sorry I didn't take any pics of that.
Will post again with pics of recently dyed yarns when I get a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home