Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Dyeing to knit

I have been a fool for dyeing lately. Here are just a few of the latest skeins out of the dyepot....
Sand and Sea
Wavy Gravy
And of course...Chocolate Covered Cherries

And to show you what a difference it makes to re-skein the yarn when it is dry....

Before..............

And after re-skeining...............

Last weekend, a fellow spinner/knitter friend and I had a booth at the Farmer's/Saturday Market and I actually sold a few skeins of handspun and some hand-dyed yarn. I feel like I have soo busy with the spinning and dyeing, and was surprised that I couldn't quite fill up a table with my "stuff". I won't be able to do the Sat. Market again until August and should have more yarn to sell by then.



In August, my husband and I will be empty nesters. My Youngest son is leaving for college. We will be going back with him to Virginia, and will be doing some sight-seeing while we are back there (Are there any good yarn shops in Lynchburg??). When we get back, we will be home for one night, then hitting the road to go on our annual trip to Wyoming. I am excited as I will be seeing Son # One's house for the first time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home