Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

I have been spinning allot lately.
Off the Wheel:
This is the crazy fiber that I carded, spun and plied with variegated thread.
I consciously spun it thick and thin, because something with that many different kinds of fiber and bits and pieces of novelty yarn wouldn't look right any other way.

I have probably 7 oz. more of this fiber to spin, enough to make a substantial project, I'm thinking!

Also off the wheel is this 100% Baby Alpaca by Handspinner's Dream...
Waiting to go on the needles....

I bought this pattern for Flirty Tank by Y2Knit about a year ago. I fell in love with this yarn
(Olmue) by Ester Bitran. It is a cotton and Viscose blend and has a shine to it. (5-18 -I couldn't wait and had to cast). I'm hoping that it will be a nice, cool little summer top. I don't know if it will get done for this summer though! It is knit in the round which should help.
I finally finished the sleeves on the Printed Silk Cardigan. Now I just need to block it and do all the finishing. It seems like it takes me forever to finish some projects, maybe if I could focus on only one project I would do better, but I want to make so many things !!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home