Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Monday, January 04, 2010

Gifts Given

Wow, I can finally post pictures of the gifts I made people for Christmas!

First of all is a pair of socks made for my mom with Panda Soy - Print. I did a twisted rib pattern for the cuff on a standard sock pattern. The yarn is very soft and silky feeling, but does tend to split a little when you work with it. The yardage per ball is 185 yds. so I ended up using 2 balls to complete the socks. Mom was very pleased with her socks! The greatest quick knit gift of all was this wonderful neck cozy pattern (Koigu Neck Cozy) bu Karen Ko. It is quick and easy to knit (as long as you mark the right side to keep track of your knitting). I ended up making 3 of them for different people.

The first one that I made was for my sis. It is knit with Ellyn Cooper's Yarn Sonnets Oingling?, colorway Spice Grove. The yarn is bamboo or soy, can't find the label right now.

Here is a close-up of the yarn.....Pretty, isn't it?

The second one was made for my Secret Pal at work. The yarn is Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend.

The third one was a last minute gift for my MIL and was knit in 2 days. I used Mainland yarn by Plymouth. It is Baby Alpaca and Silk 80/20, color - "#6". I give it a 10+ on the softness scale! I guess I was in such a rush that I didn't get a picture of this one, but you get the idea.

A day or two after Christmas I cast on another pair of socks. This yarn was in my stash. I am just knitting a basice sock with it. I haven't decided who I am knitting it for, but probably should by the time I get to the foot!

Stay tuned for my next post "Gifts Received". I can't wait to show you all the purty things I got for Christmas. My family loves me!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home