Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Two Sock Month??

Specs on the sock -
cast on 48 stitches
needles : 4 size 4 dpn's
yarn: Stampato Extra 100% Australian Merino
color #8008
pattern: basic socks with 2X2 ribbing on cuff

I finished the red socks - yeah!! I can't wait to wear them, but I want the first place to be special, do you ever feel like that ?? You work on something and it is really special to you because :
1. of the blood, sweat and tears that you put into it.
2. How special ( or dear, and by dear I mean expensive) the materials are to you.
3. How hard the materials were to get (you went to 20 stores in 4 different cities... or states...or countries!!!)
4. It's a one of a kind project that isn't available to just anyone and everyone. (like yarn for a sock-of-the month club).
5. It's something that you got when with someone special ( like your mom, your sisiter or a close friend)
6. It's a project that you did together with someone special....like your mom, your sister, or a close friend.
These socks are special to me just because I love the color of the yarn. The red isn't too bright (I think barn red is my favorite red - and this is kind of a bran-ish (opps, I mean barn-ish) red. I also love the flecks of different colors in the yarn, I kept trying to figure out how many different colors there were while I was knitting it. The interesting yarn made up for doing 2 basic sock patterns in a row. Now that I think about it, I may not be able to wait for a specail occasion to wear the socks, all I know is that I don't want to wear them for the first time at work!
I have alreday cast on for the Broadripple socks from Kintty.com. I'm using Cascade Fixation yarn, and if I can ever learn how to take decent pics with my digital camera, I'll post a pic of the progress. This pattern should be a bit more of a challenge, which I am looking forward to. This is also a different yarn for me as it is "98.3%" cotton, and "1.7% elastic. I'm not sure if I should stretch the yarn while I am knitting. Has anyone out there ever used this yarn? And if so, do you have any special hints for knitting it?? I would appreciate any comments. Thanks...

1 Comments:

Blogger Tina in Wonderland said...

Your socks are very pretty. I love red and that yarn looks cool!

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home