Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

I Got My STR Kit!!!

Yeah! I got my kit on Sat. 3/17/07 - the same day I picked my mom up from the airport for a weeklong visit. I'm so happy to finally see what everyone has been talking about. I have been reading through the pattern, and re-reading it. I have never done a toe-up sock before. And the only time I used a provisional cast-on, someone else was there to talk me throught it. But I am game and I'm going to try casting on for the first sock when I get a moment that I can totally concentrate on it and figure it out. I love the colors of the yarn.

I also received a compensation skein of yarn. There sure are alot of neat colors to choose from. I chose "Lucy" I love the tan, brown and aqua blue together. I have alot of aqua and brown in my wardrobe right now.
My mother helped me put together this necklace to go with all that aqua and brown in my wardrobe. The lampwork beads in the center of the necklace came from Yellow Dog Beads

And here is a close-up of the beads.

Gotta run, time to cook dinner for hungry teenager boyz!!

1 Comments:

Blogger gilraen said...

I love your 'Lucy' necklace, so cool!

Matching socks, matching necklace. Lovely blog BTW :)

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home