Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

It Is Finished!!!! Finally!


YES ! I have been working hard on this sweater. I had a little trouble with finishing the back neckband. I knit it too long the first time, and when I attached it to the neck, it flopped over instead of standing up like it is supposed to. So....I got right to work and fixed it, and just finished sewing all the pieces together tonight. I feel so good about not just tossing it in the corner when I had a problem with the neck (which is what I have done in the past with projects that I ran into trouble with). I was determined to finish this sweater before I started the next big project.
Okay, the specs for the sweater:
Pattern: Ivy fom the Fall 2006 issue of Knitty.
Yarn : Fantasy by Dark Horse Yarns. It is 50% Nylon and 50 % Acrylic -color #32. I know, it's synthetic and probably would have looked alot nicer in something like cashmerino Aran, or this other yarn that I liked that was about $10/skein. I wanted to refine my skills a little before I spend the big bucks on yarn.
Needles : Size 6 Addi Turbo circulars.
Modifications : The only mods that I made were on the sleeve. On the diagram of the finished sleeve, the cuff end looked a bit big and bell shaped. I thought that would dirve me crazy, so I cast on less stitches to make the cuff narrower, and the sleeve goes up at a gradual angle to the underarm. After trying the sweater on, I think I would have made the sleeves a little shorter, and possibly narrower in the upper arm - maybe next time, eh?
In between working on taxes the last few days and finishing up this sweater, I have worked some on the gray socks for son#3, and finished one fingerless mitten in Blue Baby Alpaca (boy are they soft!). More pics with the next post.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lizzy said...

It looks great - just love the colour.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home