Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

A joining we will go.....

I am in the joining mode again. I have recently joined 2 new groups. First of all, I joined the Cardigan for Arwen KAL. I love the button and the sweater in all it's cable-y goodness!
I hope to have pictures up of some progress this weekend. I got a start on it and didn't think the gauge was right, so I re-casted on before I got too far.
I also counldn't resist joining the Project Spectrum 2.0 group. Lolly sure does come up with some good ideas to keep people excited about knitting. My first project for this group is some blue fingerless mittens in baby blue Alpaca. This is my first time working with Alpaca and I love it. The yarn is soo soft, and I think I will get alot of use out of the mittens. I like the fact that they will help keep your hands warm, while leaving your fingers free to do the things you need to do.

And yes, I did get that bit of bling for Valentine's day! I think my husband loves me!!
This is a leftover project from last year's project Spectrum that I never got around to. I'm hoping it doesn't hang on for the next Project Spectrum!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lizzy said...

I really like the fingerless gloves. Is it your own pattern ? Also, can't wait to see that fabric made up into the gorgeous jacket.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

The glove pattern is from the LYS - one of the owners made it up. I altered it a little bit. They just had a slit for the thumb, and I Knit a partial thumb for it adapting directions for the thumb on the "Fetching" mittens from the summer 2006 issue of Knitty magazine.

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home