Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Friday, February 06, 2009

On Knitting and Book Acquisition

I am currently I working on the Tyrolean Stockings by Ann Budd from the Interweave Knits, Spring 2007 issue. The yarn I am using is Cleckheaton Country 8 ply. So far I am liking the yarn, and the pattern is complicated enough to keep my interest but not discourage me. I had a few qualms about knitting knee-high socks, but then decided I should try at least one pair. If I were to do this pattern again, I think I would do the usual 6-7” leg. The other project that I picked up from the hibernating pile is the Farmer's Market Bag by Pam Allen from the book - Weekend Knitting. I enjoy stranded knitting and really enjoyed doing the Fake Isle Hat and Mitts, but with this pattern I can only do about 5 rows in a sitting before I need a break. I have recently been on a book-acquiring craze. I purchased Intertwined when I was last in Ashland at Websters. When I purchased a book for my hubby from Amazon, I decided not to waste the shipping, and ordered Folk Mittens by Marcia Lewandowski. For my birthday, I was given 2 new books – The Eclectic Sole by Janel Laidman, and Latvian Mittens by Lizbeth Upitis. I had been lusting after both of these books for some time. THEN, Knit Picks just happened to have a 40% off sale on certain titles, soooo I added The Opinionated Knitter by Elizabeth Zimmerman, and Selbuvotter by Terri Shea to my library. There are sooo many patterns and styles of knitting, and only 24 hours in a day, I wish I didn’t have to sleep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home