Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Knit With Love and Prayers

I have a completed project since the last time that I blogged! My pastor's wife, Karen, had to have emergency surgery for a brain tumor. When my husband heard about it, he turned to me and said "You need to knit her a hat." I guess I was surprised at how well my husband knows me, although by now I shouldn't be (allmost 23 years is a good amount of time to get to know someone!) . Sometimes I feel inadequate when someone is suffering, I feel that I want to make the perfect gesture, and whatever I do doesn't seem like enough. But I can knit, and I have made many hats for babies and people with cancer, so why not one for this beautiful, sweet lady?

Of course, it had to be the perfect hat to fit her personality. She is a very classy lady that wears alot of pink, and not just any pink, but bright fushia pink which compliments her coloring. Have you ever tried to find fushia pink in a small town yarn store? It ain't easy!

This was my first choice. The colors are nice with some brown and some texture, however, when I knit it up in a plain rolled brim cap pattern (it wouldn't have looked right with much of a pattern), it was very scratchy. So when I went back to the store I found Mulberry Merino by Plymouth Yarn Co. The color # I purchased was 5605. The picture of the colors on the site don't do it justice. It is a pretty pink. The yarn is a singles and feels wonderful, much softer than the first yarn that I bought.
The pattern is Rivendell by Hanna Breetz that I originally downloaded from Mag Knits several years ago. This is the second time that I have knit this hat.
I like the design on the top of the hat.
The cloche-type design will, I feel, fit Karen's personality. I hope she enjoys it. It was knit with love and prayers for her complete recovery....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home