Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Just a Few Finished Objects

I got a light box for Mother's Day and finally got a chance to use it. I hope you like the photos.
The first is a Zig Zag scarf pattern courtesy of our LYS. It is knit with Boku by Plymouth Yarn, color #6 on size 10 needles.

This was a quick and fun knit. I was working on it during my lunch break and got alot of favorable comments about the colors.
The next project is the neck cozy. Yep, it's the same pattern that I was using to knit up quick Christmas gifts. This is a great one skein pattern. The yarn I used is from Manos and is a silk blend. I couldn't resist the yarn when I bought it several years ago, and have been wondering just what to do with it. I think I found the perfect solution! Now the question is: do I use it myself, or save it to gift to someone else??
The next project that I finished was the Koolhaas Hat by Jared Flood from the 2007 issue of Knits - Holiday gifts. I used Palace yarn from Berroco, color #8909 that I bought about 1 year ago. Did I mention that all of these projects are stash busters??
I have about 5 things marked to knit in 2007 Holiday Gifts magazine, and this is the first project that I have done. I love knitting hats. They are such a good way to try out different yarns and patterns. They are also quick and gratifying to knit. T0o bad I don't look good in them - plus they just ruin my hair. Oh well, they make great gifts for people that do wear them :) This is all part of my plan to knit ahead for the holidays.
And for the back view...............

I think my model needs some sun, what do you think?

I have also been working on this cross-stitch sampler. It isn't going very fast, of course it would go faster if that was all that I had to keep my hands busy!This block is almost done, only 7 more to go!

And last, but not least, is this small skein from fiber that I blended at the class I took at BSG.
Happy Spinning and Knitting :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home