Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Back In Town

It has been a very busy month getting my in-laws moved to a new home from a place that they had lived in for about 27 years, then coming back home and a week later driveing to a graduation. YES, my middle son is done with his schooling, now he just needs to find a job and get some good work experience.
On our way home, we drove over Togette Pass. There was a snow storm the day we drove over it - at the end of April...................
While we were back visiting family in Wyoming, I found out about an Alpaca ranch that was close by - Arrowhead Alpacas. Jan gave us a tour of their ranch and told us everything we wanted to know aout Alpacas. I was also able to buy some raw fiber, and some roving from her. It was so nice to see where the fiber comes from. I could have kicked myself for forgetting to bring my camera and take some pictures!
While we were driving on vacation, I had plenty of opportunities to work on knitting. I finally finished these socks that will probably be a gift for someone.

And these socks for me.....

and a stashbuster project, the Spiral Rib Bag From One Skein by Leigh Radford. I used the yarn that they used in the book - Collinette Chrysallis #121. This took me about 1 day of knitting!



I also started the Fiddlehead Mittens, finally. Another stash busting project!

I think I will change the green yarn out for a lighter shade of green that will show up better against the black.
I have also been busy cooking since I came home, making Raspberry Jam......

and Raspberry syrup from the extra juice (Over wholewheat pancakes, YUM)........

and learning how to roast a chicken (yum) ...............See the recipe and a tutorial here. I love this blog! There are some great sounding recipes, great tutorials, and she makes it interesting.
And, last but not least, I have been washing wool, and washing, and washing (5 pounds of fleece). I finished up the last of the corriedale/targhee fleece that I bought last year at Black Sheep Gathering. I have made it a goal to try to get one more fleece washed before I go this year.
Next I need to get going with the carder!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home