Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Time for Christmas Knitting

I was raised to be the kind of person to make gifts. I can remember making pot scrubbers and aprons for my grandmothers for Christmas. One year I even made some kitchen curtains for my mother. To me it isn't really Christmas unless I make at least some of the gifts that I give to family and friends. And again, I have probably planned more gifts to make than I can realistically have time to finish. But what is Christmas unless you overplan? At least I am trying to keep the projects quick and simple for the most part.

The next issue to deal with, is how to post anything about a gift for someone who might just read your blog? My solution...........................

Yes, this is part of a mystery gift. The color is a good representation, the finished project will be shown after 12-25-06. I'm hoping that it will turn out really cute. I haven't seen a picture of it anywhere else in blogland.

My middle son modeled the next gift. It is a helmet liner to be sent to a nephew that is stationed in Iraq. My plan is to send it in a care package for him by Dec. 1. If anyone is interested in making these for the troops that are stationed overseas, you can find the pattern for knitting or crocheting them here, as well as instructions on where to mail them.


Isn't he cute? No, that is not blush on his cheeks. He just has Campbell Soup kid cheeks that are always pink.

My next post should have a picture of a finished tree hat for babies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home