Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Time For a Change!

To celebrate 2 years of having this blog, I decided to update my template. I was getting pretty tired of the plain pink look. I think the current pattern more reflects my personality, and is more interesting. I was able to transfer my links by copying them from the old template and pating them to the new one. I think that is why I delayed changing, I was afraid that I would lose everything. In the end, it was alot easier than I thought. I probably had more trouble adding new links to the site. The only thing I am really disappointed in , is the size of the font - I'm not sure why it is so large. If anybody has any hints about how to fix it, I would be very appreciative.


One of the links that I added to the sidebar is the one for Free Rice. My sister told me about this site and I have been enjoying it. Free Rice is a vocabulary game. You start with words of varying difficulty, and then it adjusts to your level of vacabulary. Whenever you get a word right, you donate 20 grains of rice which the United Nations World Food Program distributes. The rice is paid for by the advertisers at the bottom of the page. The game is very addictive and serves two pruposes, you expand your vacabulary while also feeding the hungry.


I have also included a link for the Chemo cap patterns on the sidebar for anyone who is interested.

Yesterday I had a spinning class in Eureka. This is the same teacher who gave me lessons in spindle spinning. Crystal is a wonderful teacher and is exactly what I was looking for. She is passionate about spinning and has a wealth of information to share. Yesterday we spent alot of time talking about the different parts of the spinning wheeel, learning where to oil it to keep it working smoothly, and how to adjust the tension. It really helped that I had done some spinning already, everything just made more sense, and I wasn't totally overwhelmed with the information. I also got to do some spinning yesterday, and I have noticed that my singles are becoming more uniform with less and less slubs. I have visited The Joy of Handspinning site, and it is a great resource with short videos on different techniques. I am excited about future classes, but I am also a little frustrated. My next class is a month away due to other commitments that both Crystal and I have. I will also be taking a class from her on Fiber selection and preparation - I can't wait!!

Well, it is Saturday and I have to go to work for a few hours to get ready for Monday. I had better go soon or I will never get myself out of the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home