Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Time for a Breather

Ahhhh...... my oldest son was married on 09-08-07, and everything went very well. No major catastrophies. The saddest part, though, was that my daughter-in-law's grandmother died a week before the wedding, and the funeral was the day before the wedding. We ended up with more of her family at the wedding than was previously planned. I think they had close to 50 extra people. It was a good thing that it wasn't a formal, sit-down reception. The reception was kind of a blur for me, I wonder how much the bride and groom remember. They were both glowing and beaming from ear-to-ear. They are currently on their way to their new home, and honeymooning along the way.

Sooo, life goes on. I have a Junior and Senior in High School this year. I don't imagine I will be able to catch my breath for a couple of years! My son who is the Junior has NO electives this year. I was concerned about the heavy load, but he doesn't seem to be. I think he is starting to be more serious about his future. He worked hard this summer earning money for car insurance, and his employers gave him a bonus specifically to put in the bank towards college...and he did!! I have heard alot of compliments about my kids over the last few years about how polite they are, and they seem to be able to communicate well with other adults. I guess all that praying for them, loving them, and keeping all of us involved in the church as a family is paying off.

I was hoping that I would be able to really get back into knitting this week, but I came back to work being a short-handed, so have had to work 10-11 hour days today and yesterday. I should be able to post some pics of knitting progress this weekend.

TTFN (For those of you who haven't watched Sleepless In Seattle - "Ta-ta for now")

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home