Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Well, As you know from my previous post, gift knitting didn't stop with Christmas. My Hubby's birthday was Jan. 13th. With some trepidation, I made him a pair of felted slippers. I didn't know if he would think they were too hot or not. Luckily, he really likes them.

Slippers before felting (they look like they would fit Sasquatch.......................
Slippers after felting.......................

Specs: Pattern - Fiber Trends - felted clogs

Yarn: Lamb's Pride Worsted by Brown Sheep in Charcoal

Needles: Bryspun Circulars - Size13, 24 inch

Time to finish - Aprox. 2 weeks. (or less if you don't have to worry about someone seeing their present while you are working on it!!)

Below are 2 books that my husband recently gave to me. He gave me KRISTIN KNITS for Christmas. I guess he asked the owners what I wanted, and they pointed him to the book. The Ultimate Sock Book was a special request from me for my birthday (Jan. 20th.) I planned it pretty good. My husband can't forget my birthday since it is only one week after his. And he can't forget our anniversary since it is engraved on the inside of his ring. Although I really don't need to worry, my husband is better than I am about remembering people's birthdays.

I love Fairisle patterns and am anxious to complete some other projects so that I can start something from the Kristin Knits book. We went OOT for my birthday and just happened to go to one of my favorite yarn stores - Websters. I wanted to try some of the different color combos that are used in the book, bu couldn't quite do the bright colors, so I chose more muted colors, but the green and yellow are still color that are a little out of my comfort zone. I amd thinking of knitting these mittens, as I have never knit full mittens before, only fingerless mitts.

I was also thinking of making these socks to coordinate with the mittens....

I think they are a good, fairly simple choice for beginning with the two-color (or more) knitting. I'm sure the pattern will be easier to follow than the Tangled Garden sock that I started in May 2006 and never finished.

Wow, I didn't realize how similar 2 of the colors were until I pulled up this picture. Isn't that interesting?!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home