Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Some Knitterly Progress

I have been working on several secret projects lately. It's kinda driving me crazy because I can't talk about them or post any pictures right now. I'm also test knitting a small project for someone...and I can't post a picture of that either! I'm going to have to auit knitting on secret things, Maybe after Christmas.....
In the meantime, this Feather and Fan Shawl has been my standby project this summer. It has been repetitious enough to be a no-brainer, except for every 7 rows. I'm not sure how long I'm going to make it, maybe long enough to wrap around me and back to the front.

I have done a little spinning and plying. I have already set the twist on this skein. It isn't wound quite as tight as the last skein, in fact, it may be plied just a little too loose in spots. I 'll just keep working on it until I get it right. This yarn is very soft, which is a good thing.I just got another loaner wheel to try today. It is the Ashford Traveller. I wanted to try it to see if I like it any better than the Kiwi wheel. I am sold on the double treadle though. I also got a larger Niddy Noddy to wind my skeins so they don't end up in such a mess like this one.
Well, I'm..... off to do some stitching,

some wonderful stitching today,

La la, la la, la la, la la

It's wonderful stitching today

(sung to the tune of "I'm Off To See The Wizard")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home