Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

My First Pattern !

I recently made the Fake Isle Hat by Amy King as a gift for my daughter-in-law. I really enjoyed knitting the hat, but felt that there should be another article of clothing to complete the ensemble. I used the basic Potluck Wool Mitts pattern by Missa from kpixie.com with part of the charted pattern from the Fake Isle Hat and voila’, there you have it!!

I finally finished editing and uploading the pattern for the Fake Isle Mitts on Ravelry. This is my first experience with designing and writing a pattern. If you are a Ravelry member, you can find it in the pattern section - search under the "Mitts" tag.

I finished the Mitts on the left before Christmas, but was waiting until I had the pattern available to post a picture here.
The yarn used is Lang-Mille Colori , color #048 for the main color. The contrasting color is GGH - Bel Air , color # 07.
Now that I have finally fiished the pattern, I am kinda nervous. I am hoping that there will be some interest in it. I would welcome any comments, positive or constructive!
I have continued to knit furiously on presents and managed to finish the Christmas/New Years presents for my mom and sister. It was very stormy outside when I took these pics and I was having trouble getting good lighting. The color is really very pretty.
Yarn - Lana Grossa Mellenweit Cotton Stretch, color #8004
Needles - U.S. Size 1 Addi Turbo circulars
Pattern - Celtic Braid Socks by Cabin Fever - (#157)
Time to complete - aprox. 2 weeks
Here is a close-up of the cable pattern -----I also finisihed some fingerless arm warmers for my sister

Pattern - Whitewater Wristwarmers (originally offered in Mag Knits, now available in Ravelry for free.)
Needles - U.S. size 1 Addi Turbo circulars.
Yarn - Oops, can't find the label without tearing the house apart. I do know that it is part Alpaca and part silk!!
The yarn (whatever it is!) was very nice to work with. The pattern knit up quickly and yet was challenging enough not to be boring. Using stitch markers really helped to keep track of the pattern repeats. I would do this pattern again probably for myself or as another gift.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home