Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

October socks

I usually participate more in the Socktoberfest, but this fall I have had so much going on that I didn't want to join anymore KALs. It has however been more than a month since I had any socks on the needles, so on 10-11 I cast on for "Lenore". The yarn has been sitting around for awhile-it was from the 2007 Socks That Rock Club from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. I am really in love with their yarn. It is good quality, it feels wonderful to knit with (and on the foot), and there is such a wide variety of colors. The color for Lenore is very dark, but I managed to get a picture that shows the hint of color that is in there.
Socks are such a nice quick project. The last few days I have been trying to get going on some slippers to felt, but I keep messing up on the SSK and K2tog so my count is off. Maybe it is best that I put them down until I feel less stressed and don't have ANYthing at all going on around me to distract!!
I have been out of town allot lately. I went down to San Francisco with a friend from work for a class on Gestational Diabetes. We came home as soon as the class was over, and got home after midnight. I had one day to run around to 3 Dr. appointments, worked a 12-hour day the next day, then took off to Sacramento (a 7-hour drive) to help my son find another apartment to live in. Next weekend I fly to Texas to help my mom who is recovering from Total Knee Replacement surgery. How I long for a boring week with nothing at all to do!!
Before I started traveling so much, I managed to get this fiber spun up - 4 oz. Colonial wool, commercially dyed, spun DK weight. I sold this skein and my last one to some friends at work. Someday I will make time to learn how to photograph and get the true colors. This yarn is a very pretty, soft blueish green I call it Marine Green.
I am hoping that I will be able to blog before I go out of town again, or possibly when I am in Texas. Until then Happy Knitting!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home