Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Blog site updating

Last night I updated my site. A big thanks to Chrissy who answered my e-mail and pointed me in the right direction to learn how to add buttons on my sidebar with a link to the blog site. I had asked some computer whizzes at work about the link buttons, and they acted like I was from a different planet. I was soo excited when I got it to work that I had to show my kids - for some reason my teenage boys just weren't as excited about my accomplishments as I was. I have been learning so much more about computers in the last 3 months. Within the next week or two, I hope to have my own button for my blog. Maybe someday, someone besides my friends and family will actually read my blog!! I do think I probably have more fun reading other peoples blogs than writing my own.

My goals for last weekend were to finish one of the Bradripple socks, and to finish the book I was reading. I achieved both of my goals - hurray! I even had a little bit of yarn leftover from my sock when I was done. The Cascade Fixation comes in 50 gm. balls, which normally isn't quite enough for me to finish a sock. I think the only reason that it worked for me is that the yarn has some elastic in it, and I stretched it a little as I knit. I tried the sock on and it seemed very comfortable. I wonder if I can get the other sock done this weekend - and still be able to feel my hands?!

The book I finished last weekend was called The Kite Runner. It was a wonderful book aout a man that grew up in Afghanistan in the 1970's and then came to the U.S. to live. I have heard from a friend that this author is writing another book and am anzious to see if it is just as good as this one was.

Well, I'm off to knit a bit.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home