Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Monday, September 11, 2006

More Finished Objects


I finished the red sweater the week after my trip to Wyoming, and finally got a chance to have someone take a picture of me in it. The sweater came out at least one size too big, even though I did a swatch before I knitted the sweater. My friend advised me to wash it in Eucalan and re-block it (I believe she said to "smoosh" the sides in to make it smaller). I hope I can smoosh it in enough so that it doesn't look so baggy on me.

I also finished the last baby hat for the neighbor's baby boy. I think I might be done with gifts for a minute. I do have some gifts to knit for Christmas that I should probably start on soon. That might be a good idea for something to take to soccer games! (To knit before the game and at half-times of course - I wouldn't want to miss seeing my son play!).

I have had family visiting since last Wed. and had a very busy weekend, but I did manage to get a little knitting time in. Actually, it was more "tink-ing" time. I though I was doing so well on the shawl that I was knitting - I was being really careful about counting the stitches after every increase row. Well I got a little cocky, and didn't count one row, and now there is one too many stitches. I have frogged back 3 rows so far and haven't found my mistake yet. It is so much easier to fix a mistake on a baby hat, than it is on lace!! I'm so frustrated, I think I need to cast on another project that is a bit easier - maybe a pair of Jaywalker socks?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home