Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Sorry about the lapse in posting, this past almost 2 weeks has kind of slipped away from me. I do have soome F.O. s to show for it though. I have several friends that have had babies, so I have been busy making gifts.


The pink socks are for baby Alyssa. They are knit with Heirloom Breeze yarn, 8 ply, Shade 020. I cast on 32 stitches and knit them with US Size 3 DPNs by Brittany. I'm hoping they will fit this little girl that is coming up on 2 months old.

The blue socks were knit for baby Noah with Lane Cervinia/ Madrid yarn that is 50% Acrylic and 50% viscose. I cast on the same number of stitches and knit with the same size 3 DPNs. I'm hoping these will fit Noah up to about 4 months old (depending on how fast he grows - he was over 10 lbs. at birth!!). I cast on several times with this pair of socks. The first time I cast on 36 stitches and the socks came out alot bigger than I wanted.

This is my first baby hat. It is knit with the same Heirloom yarn as the socks and was very quick and easy. I started knitting it on our way home from Wyoming as we were going through Yellowstone Park, and finished it the next day. One of the ladies that frequents our LYS designed the pattern. The ear flaps are knit first starting with the I-cord, and then each flap is put on an extra needle or holder until you are ready for it. After you have knit several rows of the brim, you add the flaps and knit them in with the other stitches, so there isn't any sewing involved. I can't wait to see it on Alyssa! Now I have to get busy and knit a hat for Noah.

I hope to be able to post again in a few days with more pictures of finished objects!

1 Comments:

Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Both the socks and the hat are lovely, and you did a great job on all three items!

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home