Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Friday, June 16, 2006

I have been making knitting progress!!

And now for some knitting pictures! I have been working on my Pomatomus socks at home when hubby is up and about and I can't work on his socks. I think they are coming along well, and I have started really enjoying the pattern and the way they are turning out. It still feels weird to see all those holes in the socks - I guess I should get used to that if I want to knit much lace.

I love the shades of blue in this yarn, and they way that it feels while you are knitting with it.

I have made progress on hubby's socks also. I took this picture a few days ago. I now almost have the gusset decreases done. I should have some time to knit on it today, and hope to get most of the foot done. I think I will feel more secure if he tries the sock on before I do toe decreases. This is the first pair I am making for him, and I want to make sure that they fit. He is supposed to go down to San Francisco tomorrow to pick up his Harley. He is very excited! And to all of you that still doubt the power of Murphy's law, let me tell you -- BELIEVE! He committed to the purchase of the bike (he found the perfect color and style that he has been looking for at the payments he wanted) and 2 days later......the transmission goes out on one of our vehicles (AKA the "man mobile")!!!! Well, that darn man mobile is just going to have to sit in the driveway for a month or two. It doesn't have to be fixed right away since both my hubby and I, and eldest son have other vehicles we can drive.

Last weekend I had a moment of, shall we call it - insanity? I already have 3 pairs of socks on the needle, and I went down to the LYS to get some help with the provisional cast-on to start the shawl that I have been wanting to do. This is going to be the Leaf Lace Shawl from Fiber Trends when it "grows up." The yarn is Lorna's Laces in color no. 203, Seaside. I am really excited about this project. I think it would best to work on this project when there aren't any other distractions around. I can't imagine having to rip anything out and then trying to find out where you are in the pattern.

Well, wish me luck over the next week. After today, I only have 5 more days to work before I go on vacation. I should be able to post again some time before I leave, hopefully with at least one finished sock!


1 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

Hey...your P Socks look great!

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home