Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

I'm Back

Actually I have been back for a few days, but I have been busy getting the house back in order and catching up on some sleep.
My vacation was filled with fun, fun, fun...especially from a woman's point of view (my boys think I'm nuts). On June 25th I made it to the Black Sheep Gathering and was overwhelmed by all the goodies I saw there. I took some pictures of some of the fibers (shorn and still on the goat) that I saw there, but the pics are MIA. I do have picture of the goodies that I bought.

I thought these little goodies would help me get going better with the spinning thing. The pamphlet had some good basic info on using and choosing the correct weight drop spindle for the weight of yarn that you want to spin.









I'm hoping that this Corriedale pencil roving from Crown Mountain Farms will spin up into yarn suitable for ......SOCKS! Believe it or not, I am interested in knitting other things and plan on expanding my talents over the coming year.

But before I do that....I couldn't resist stopping at Blue Moon Fibers and getting some yarn. I recently purchased their new book Fair Isling On Blue Moon. I had purchased one skein of yarn to do the socks on the cover, and bought the rest of the yarn at the show. I'm excited about doing these socks, but I think I'll finish my Tangled Garden socks first. I have been knitting a little on them the last few days, and things seem to be going better.
I also bought some yarn from Interlacements. I didn't think I would be attracted to anything other than cotton or wool, but they had such beautiful colors that I couldn't resist getting at least one skein. I bought the 8 ply Rayon/Flax. It is soft, and they had some nice, free patterns for making a shawl or wrap with the yarn that I can't wait to try. I' sorry if the yarn looks like a slug, I wasn't able to find a swift or yarn winder in my price range yet, and haven't made the time to wind it yet.

I also did alot of clothes shoping and mall shopping and I believe I have had my fill for awhile. I now have a few more skirts to wear to church on Sundays.

I did finish my Pomatomus socks, but not till yesterday, after I made it back home. All I had to do after I got home was one toe section.
And for a close-up of the heel....... I really enjoyed working on these socks, and learned alot about yarn overs. I feel that I am now ready to knit on a shawl, at least I hope I am ready! I am going to go spend time with hubby now since blooger is not being cooperative in posting some other pics I had to show. I should have another post up in a few days. Enjoy your weekend!

1 Comments:

Blogger aija said...

Welcome back! I love that spiraling on your pomatomii socks (and the yarn haul, of course!) :)

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home