Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Stolen Knitting Moments

I'm doing something I don't like to do, and that is post pictureless. I thought I might have time to finish something last weekend, but it didn't happen. I had the itch to start a new project, and stopped myself just in time. I also felt the need to complete something that has been on the needles for awhile. On Sat. I cast on for the first sleeve on the Bookworm tunic that I started a few months ago. It won't keep me very warm unlees I have something to attach to the finished front and back. Yes, I know it is still summer, but maybe I'll get it done in time to wear this winter!! I just keep repeating to myself "I think I can, I think I can, I KNOW I can, I KNOW I can". I have been knitting in every spare moment, even if it is only a few rows at a time. I have been knitting in the car while going through drive-throughs, while the husband drives us to church, while on the phone; in fact it is sitting in my lap right now while I cruise the net so that I can knit while pages upload. I should get that sleeve done this weekend, maybe even tonight as I have the house to myself and no cooking to do.
I have also discovered hidden reading moments (it is so hard to read while you are knitting). I read while blow drying my hair and curling it with a curling iron. I started reading Stephanie Pearl- McPhee's new book Knitting Rules - she really knits the nail on the head (oops, I mean hits the nail) with her descriptions of being a fiber-holic. I am well on my way to developing a substantial stash after my vacation, and to being "doomed". After reading her book I don't feel like such a "freak" with my obsessions. I also have a history of fabric addiction (for quilting), and cross-stitch addiction, so I guess I was doomed once I decided I had to learn how to knit socks. I know I am going to have to tackle spinning too when I have more time.....I must learn how to do everything!!
I hope ya'll have a good knitty weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home