Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Pomatomus What??

Okay, so... I think I might have figured out how to get the most out of one project. I have started a pair of the Pomatomus socks that are blue, AND I just joined the Pomatomus KAL this week and am knitting my socks out of STR in the Lapis coorway. I figure that these socks will be able to satisfy Project Spectrum, the Pomatomus KAL, and the sock-a-month KAL. Is that cheating?





I was going great guns on the socks until I finished the first repeat. I was counting the stitches on my needles after I had moved the stitches around like you are supposed to, and one needle had only 20 stitches instead of the 24 that it was supposed to have. I tried tinking back about 3-4 rows and still had the same number of stitches, soooo...... after much deliberation, putting the project down and walking away (muttering bad words), I came to the conclusion that the only solution was to frog the whole thing and start over. I figure that at least I wasn't past the heel and that I just had some good practice with the pattern and getting more comfortable with the yarn overs. It is probably a good thing I did frog it, because if you look closely at the picture, I made a mistake early on and my ridges (or scales) aren't real straight. Last night I cast on again and got the cuff done. I hope I can finish these socks before vacation! (well, maybe by the end of the month...or before the KAL is over!!!)


I also started a pair of socks for my hubby this past week (Opal yarn in the Harley-Davidson colors) that are a surprise for him. I haven't been able to work on them for the past few days, since he has been around the house too much, but I hope to get them done before I leave for TX to visit my family on 6-26-06. Am I trying to do too much? Two pairs of socks in one month with alot of other "stuff" going on? Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home