Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Caution, picture heavy post..

Alright, so I haven't had much time to post, but I have been knitting when I get a few minutes.
While I was wainting for my Rockin' Sock Club yarn to arrive, I started these on Trekking XXL Colr #108. I really like the blues in this yarn.

When I did get my RSC yarn, I wasn't able to start the socks right away because of having company and then going out of town. When I finally did have a few minutes, I got a little nervous because I had never done a toe up sock before. So I finally got my courage up last night and cruised the internet for help with the provisional cast on. I tried the method on the Knitting help site, got the toe all done, and couldn't get my stitches to look right on the needle (plus I couldn't find them all and I didn't leave enough of a tail to finish off the end). Soooo, I went back to the pattern and did it the way they tell you to by crocheting a chain and picking up stitches throught the back loop of the chain. and voila'...
I did manage to finish the blue alpaca scarf to go with the fingerless mitts. And while I was at the LYS yesterday I bought this Opal yarn to make a sweater for our youth pastor's new baby that is due at the end of the month and is supposed to be a boy. I may not get this done in time for the shower, but I don't think they will mind if I give it to them after the baby is born. And since it is for a baby, hoepfully it won't take too long to knit!!
I haven't posted too much about the Cardigan for Arwen, but I have been working on that too. It wasn't a good project for the plane, so I had to wait until I got back. The short rows that you do on the sleeve are good practice for the short rows on the RSC socks.


That's all for now. Happy Easter everyone!



Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Love your new Opal, it's my fave sock yarn, I just wish it weren't done on such tiny needles!;)

I had a really hard time with the 'wrap and turns' on the STR pattern so I put it down for the time being.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home