Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Monday, August 06, 2007

Just a little peek of progress.......

Okay, I might renege on what I said about being persistent in figuring out a pattern and trying to stick with a project to completion. I am not having fun with the grasshopper socks, but I will give it one more try... in a week or two. If I don't succeed, I think I will give myself a break and try a different pattern with that yarn. It is so pretty and soft with that little bit of silk added to it.

In the meantime, I made some good progress on a gift that I started knitting for a Christmas present. This project has been much more satisfying for me to work on, and I am almost done with the first of 3 big pieces. I'm knitting it for my mum, and since she picked out the pattern and the yarn it isn't too big of a secret. However, I don't think I will post big pictures of the progress until after I give it to her. Instead I will post little teaser pics, like this one!!!

I have also done some knitting on the feather and fan stole. Believe me that is one project that is going to take awhile. I think I had about 1,000 yards of yarn to knit it with. I don't know if I will use all of it, but I have used just about 1/2 of the skein.

I have also decided to resurrect my Arwen cardigan and work on finishing it. I was working on it great guns until our little anniversary trip in June, and then she was neglected as vacation and wedding plans for my eldest interfered. My other big hangup is that I am still a little scared about the blocking thing. I did get it blocked this past week, and plan on starting to sew the seems together starting tonight. I imagine it will take a little time to sew everything together. Wish me luck! I am trying to keep my self from casting on any new projects until I get some old projects done.

This should be an interesting week at work. We are doing at least 3 eight-hour days of computer training this week, possibly more. We are going to start charting on the computer when the patients come into the office. My concern is that it is very hard for me to sit for that long of a period at a time as my back starts hurting if I don't get to move around too much. The classroom/lecture/conference thing is kinda hard for me. Hopefully they will give us frequent breaks. In October, I'm going to a confrence in Atlanta for work. I'm excited about some of the lectures, and again I hope they give us frequent breaks!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home