Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Monday, June 11, 2007

20th Anniversary Fun

My Hubby and I just celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary last week. We drove up to Bend, Oregon. We were going to go to look at Crater Lake but there was a blizzard, and the ranger at the gate to the park told us we wouldn't be able to see anything if we went all the way up there. So went to the High Dessert Museum just outside of Bend and had a good time there looking at the exhibits.

We were in Bend for 2 days, and my hubby is sooo sweet. He knows the way to my heart is to take me shoppinig. I visited 2 yarn stores in Bend. The only yarn I bought was from this Kid Merino from Crystal Palace Yarns. The color reminds me of strawberries, but it is called "roses". I haven't knit with real mohair yet and am anxious to see how this turns out.

The drive from Bend to Sisters Oregon was beautiful. This picture doesn't even do it justice.

The best place to go near Bend for yarn/fabric shopping is in Sisters, Oregon at the Stitchin Post
This place has a HUGE selection of fabric, and added yarn a few years ago. I bought fabric and a pattern for this mandarin style jacket. The instructions looked very easy and quick.
Then I finally decided on some sock yarn (although I was drooling over alot of other yarn!).

And I bought a Punchneedle Embroidery Kit. I love these cute little pictures.
Sisters also has an Outdoor Quilt show on the second weekend in July every year. If you ever get a chance to go - do it!! Just make sure that you wear very comfortable walking shoes and cool clothing - and bring water, it get very hot. They hang hundreds of quilts on the outside of the building all over this little town, and the quilts are beautiful. Another suggestion if you decide to go - make your hotel reservations well in advance. Alot of people go to see these quilts and the hotels book up quickly. We have been about 3 different times, and it is a fun way to spend the day.
After spending 1/2 the day in Sisters, we drove over to Springfield, Oregon and had to stop at another quilt shop called "Something to Crow About". This is another fun place to go fabric shopping, but with more of a primitive and country flavor to their selections of fabrics, whereas the Stitchin Post has alot of the more modern retro fabrics and bright colors.

Anyhow, I found this material....

yo make this quilt as you go table runner.

Don't worry, the trip wasn't all about me, hubby went to a few Harley shops also and bought some more accesories for his bike!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home