Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

I was soo close to finishing this sweater. Do you see how close??
I was finishing up the hood section of the Arwen Cardigan, and did my famous trick of running out of yarn. I'm sure I purchased what they called for, and didn't make any modifications. The measurements seem to be right on track and yet.... The replacement troops are in the mail and should be here in the next few days. I ordered 2 more skeins of yarn to make SURE that I have enough to finish the hood and stitch all the seams together. I'm sure there is a lesson here, hmm, I believe I bought at least one ball extra. I'd hate to buy 2-3 balls extra every time I make a sweater. Any suggestions? Anybody??

My life is a little busier than usual right now. It seems to go in cycles. God gives you time to catch your breath, and then things seem to pile up again. Last week I worked an extra 12-hour shift, then had an 8-hour class on Friday. So Thursday was spent at 2 Dr. appointments, running errands and paying bills. Somehow I even made dinner for the family. Tomorrow I am having a procedure done - It will just mean a few hours at the hospital, but since I will have to have general anesthesia, I don't expect to be good for much of anything tomorrow.

Wednesday, 6-6-07, is our 20th wedding anniversary, so my husband and I are going away for a few days. We have alot to discuss and catch up on. So of course I have to make sure I have something to work on during the road trip. The last 2 days I have been working on the RSC Inside Out socks. Today I started the heel, so I'm hoping these will be done in the next week, or the next few days. This is the yarn for my other take-along project---

I have used this yarn for baby hats and socks in the past. This time I am going to make a hat/cloche for a friend of mine who has cancer. I thought that I would use the Rivendell pattern in the May 2007 issue of Mag Knits. You know me, I love cables. The yarn should be nice for a hat, it is very soft and is 100% cotton. I hope she likes it.

Well, I believe my time on the computer is up. We have all been competing for time on the computer lately, what with end of the year school projects and online Driver's Ed classes to take. It might be about time to get another computer!!

1 Comments:

Blogger pigbook1 said...

I got your blog from the arwen kal. I have a somewhat stupid question but I dont' get the instructions for the sleeve. It say sbreak the yarn so I did and then cast on to a different needle, but i dont' get what you do next. Can you explain?

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home