Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Time For Another Road Trip

I know I just went out-of-town 2 weeks ago, but now it is time for the real vacation. No work (that I get paid for) for 3 weeks!!! On Saturday, we are going to visit my in-laws and my oldest son that lives with them, sort of. We are taking back his and his fiance's furniture in a U-Haul truck, so that my son can get everything setup in an apartment for them before they get married in September. Oh my, it is a strange feeling when your oldest son is getting married. It sure makes me feel old! I was having a small anxiety attack about it today, and the wedding is still a couple of months away.

Anyhoo, since I haven't even started packing yet, there won't be any new pics tonight. I did get the top of the hood for Arwen grafted together and now need to block it. I didn't feel ready for undertaking that task this week and will tackle it when we get back from vacation.

I have been planning what I am going to take with me so that I can get something done during our long road trip. I'm trying to take a variety of levels of projects, and not too many of them. I have the blue trekking socks to finish (I am almost ready to do the heel). When those socks are done, I can use the needles to cast-on for the Knee High to a Grasshopper -Rockin' Sock Club socks. I'm also going to take a Feather and Fan Shawl to work on. The yarn I'm using is 8-ply Rayon and Flax from Interlacements that I got the yarn for it last year at the Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene last June.

Sooo, I should have some pics of knitting progress to show when I get back from vacation.
Toodles!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home