Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Somebody Loves Me

I had a very nice Mother's Day. I know this post is a little bit late, but I just had to share a picture of the corsage Son # 1 sent me for Mother's Day. He moved far away about 1 1/2 months ago, and I didn't realize how much I miss the big stinker until I talked to him that Sunday. We are driving out to see him in Wyoming at the end of June, and as the time approaches, I'm getting more anxious about seeing him. It sure is an odd feeling when your oldest steps out on his/her own. You love them, but you really want to see them make it on their own and be independent and happy. Any-hoo...aren't these flowers pretty. I do love roses! My boys know me, I also received a gift certificate for the LYS, and gift certificates for Java Hut!



Meanwhile, I have been working on the RSC Inside Out Socks only when it isn't feasible to work on the Arwen cardigan. It was kinda hard to get myself to get started on the second sock, but now it seems to be flowing pretty good. I am not really into camouflage colors, but I think I am going to like these socks.
I have been making progress on the Arwen sweater. I am now working on the sleeve for the right front. I am afraid to say anything... but I might just be getting a little bit more careful about my cables. I am certainly getting enough practice!! Aren't these cables pretty??
















I wanted ya'll to know that I have kept good my promise not to start anymore gifts, so far. When I was out-of-town for an Orthodontist appointment with Youngest Son last week, I did some gift shopping at Target. Aren't these hats and booties just too cute?!
And for the boys...................

These little baby shoes remind me of some that Saartje's mom has made for her. (Hint, scroll to the bottom of the entry.) I have tried going to La Droguerie, but I have been "lost in translation."

Last but not least, I finished this sock a couple of weeks ago. Sock #2 will have to wait on the back burner for awhile. The yarn is Trekking. I love the different color combo, and the bright blue.

I hope I have made up for not having any pics in the last post!!



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home