Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Friday, February 22, 2008

There's been a little knittin goin' on...

I worked hard last night and this AM to finish up a little baby sweater for my friend's new grandson so that I could start somoe new projects without feeling too guilty.

Specs: Bay Bolero from One Skein by Lleigh Radford

Yarn: Four Seasons 70 % cotton, 30% wool, by Classic Elite Yarns (These skeins are 50 gm., so it took just over one skein)

Needles: US size 8 and 9 Addi Turbo circulars.

I hope the new mom and aby like the sweater!

I neglected to post a pic of the yarn I spun and plied at my spindle class, so here it is...


The fiber was included in the cost of the class. I have been using fiber that hasn't been overly processed ( read - kinda greasy, but not freash off the sheep!). In comparison, this merino was a joy to work with, and much easier to draft.

I just received the yarn for my Auburn Camp shirt and cast on for it today. More details and pics of the yarn here.

I'm in that phase again of feeling that I have to join every thing! My wonderful husband bought me the Kristen Knits book for Christmas, and I noticed that there is a KAL to go along with the book. I already have the yarn for one of the projects, so I had to join! I will be posting pics of that project on the Kristin Knitalong site.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home