Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

To Host a KAL

I have wanted to do this for awhile, and finally took the plunge. I'm hosting the Auburn Camp Shirt KAL. I love this pattern by Chrissy Gardiner that just came out in the Spring 2008 issue of Interweave Knits. There were several patterns that I wanted to knit, but this one won out. You can find more of her patterns here. The lines are classic. The fiber that was used, and that I have ordered is Dawn by Fiber Trends. It is 50%wool, and 50% silk. The shirt should have a nice sheen and drape from the silk. I also really like the interest added by the split collar in the back and the buttoned sleeve cuff.

I recently finished a knitted cap for DS #2 (he actually asked me to make him a cap out of my handspun yarn!). He has received alot of compliments on his cap from his friends at school.
He has a goofy smile, but it was early in the AM when I took this pic, and he was waiting on his ride to go on a ski trip.And the top of the hat...

I am happy to have made him something he likes and will enjoy wearing.

In the meantime, DS #3 performed at our church for a Valentine's Day fundraiser to raise money for some missionaries in the Phillipines to come home on furlough. He has come a long way in the past year. He is a fairly quiet kid. He has been playing and singing for the Jr. High Youth group. This past Friday he and his friend got up on stage and played several songs for the adults. My son even sang! He stills sings very quietly, but I don't think I could ever get on stage and sing in front of a group of people. He didn't even seem nervous. They played several songs, one of which was a worhip song that my son wrote. He also played his violin that night. I can't tell you how much I was beaming!The next day, he asked me to trim his hair - not in front, but at least I got to trim it on the sides and in the back. As much as he loves his music, and considering the amount of time he spends practicing, makes me wonder if this is going to be his career.....who knows????

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home