Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Friday, September 05, 2008

ACS - finished!!!

I finally finished my Auburn Camp Shirt about a week ago. Please visit this site to see finished pics. I sure like the way it turned out, but am alittle concerned about how to keep the cuffs on the sleeves from flopping down when I wear it. Should I tack it in a few places with needle and thread? After taking the pics, I think I will sew the buttons down flat and directly on the sleeve.

Last weekend, my youngest son and I have flew to Wyonming and back for my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary. It was nice to have that time alone with him since he has been gone alot this summer.

My husband was already back in Wyoming as he had driven his Harley back there on a roadtrip with his brother. He couldn't quite convince me to ride that far on the back of a motorcycle- after all, how would I knit? !! I did finish this gaiter for him to wear on the cold part of his trip to help keep his neck warm.

Specs: Pattern - Gaiter, from the ONE SKEIN book by Leigh Radford

Yarn: alpaca silk dk by Debbie Bliss in black - very soft and luscious

Time to knit: about 2 days

I have been doing a test knit for Chrissy Gardiner who is in the process of writing a book. It has been a fun project to work on and is almost done. I hope to finish it tonight. She has had sock patterns in several of the Interweave KNITS magazine over the past year. You can visit this site to see some of her retail patterns.

Yesterday I got side-tracked on gift-knitting. My mother-in-law's birthday is at the end of this month. I love making things for her as she is very appreciative of anything I make her and tends to get good use out of it. I am making her some felted slippers. I started them yesterday, and finished the first one today. Maybe I can get the other one done by Monday? Then I will only have 499 projects left to do, that is if I can resist buying anymore yarn for a few weeks! I am doing a good job of supporting my LYS at least!
I also got a request for some handspun yarn, and have been working on that this weekend. I will have pics when it is done. The fiber I am using is the bottom center color. It is hand-dyed BFL by Snake River Fiberworks. I have never spun BFL before and am loveing the feel of it and the ease of drafting. The bright pink is "Pink Panther" by the same company. The light aqua is an unknown breed of wool (um, no label and I forgot to write it down--oops!).

The pic below is 8oz. of Targhee Top, colorway Sweet Lavender. I believe it is from Mountain Colors.

This is some fiber that I purchased at the Black Sheep Gathering from the Fantasy Fibers booth. Two skeins are colonial wool, the other two are Merino. All this fiber should keep me busy spinning this winter!

Well, I think I might have enough eye candy here to make up for not posting for two weeks! Hopefully it won't be that long before I post again!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home