Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Time to Get Back to Work

We had a very nice visit vacation. The first stop was the Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene. In the future (when all kids are gone - which will be soon), I would like to spend more than one day at the gathering. There were several classes I would have like to take on dyeing and color blending fiber. One of the first things I had to check out was the sheep -


these guys were so cute and tiny compared to the rest of the sheep!
Then, I spent lots of time checking out the different booths..................
With all the wonderful colors.......

And meeting new people, like Kristine from a verb for keeping warm. She is a very warm and friendly person and we talked about her inspiration for her colorways.


I couldn't resist a 3 oz. bag of Polworth from Kristine in these beautiful spring colors...fiber before carding.......


Fiber after flick carding.........

I have almost finished processing those 3 oz. and have little couds of color everywhere. It is amazing how much it expands after carding. I can't wait to spin it!!

I also met Maia and Brooke from Tactile who were sharing a booth with Kristine. Again, very nice ladies with very beautiful yarn colors.
We took our Impala on our trip, and after all the fiber I bought, there wasn't much room left in the trunk of our car. I ended up shipping a box of fiber home. I will have pics of my stash as well as pics of beautiful Wyoming in the next post.

I will leave you with this one shot of the Teton Mountains

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home