Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

When I was in Texas visiting, I bought some yarn to do the Printed Silk Cardigan. Instead of the Fiesta Yarns La Luz, I decided to use Silkience by ella rae, the color is grape - #19. The fiber content is 41%cotton, 39% Modal, 12%silk, and 8% Rayon. I bought a few extra balls of yarn since I hate getting to the end of a project and coming up short. Plus, I just might want to make it a little longer in the length.

Now I just have to hurry up and finish the Auburn Camp Shirt so that I can start this cardigan! I did recently finish the back, and have now made it past the waist decreases on the right front piece. For more info, see the KAL site.
I have made more progress on knitting. I have been taking periodic breaks to work on these socks. The pattern is Monkey by Cookie A., and was in the Knitty: Winter 2006 issue online. The yarn I am using is Koigu KPPM. I believe the color is P405 (couldn't find the label when I wanted to blog). I was trying to look it up online and all I could find, without spending an hour looking, was KPPPM. I don't know what the difference is, but if you go here, you too can drool over all the beautiful colors!
I have made some progress with my spinning. I have not set the twist yet in this skein of 100% lavender merino - do you see how nice and straight it hangs!!! It is aprox. 11 WPI which makes it a Worsted weight yarn, wieight 3 5/8 oz. or 101 gm., and aprox. 94 yds. This skein will be donated to the local hospital for a silent auction for Disaster Relief funds for employees. I also bought a few new books on dying from Amazon.com. Hands on Dyeing isn't really what I expected, and I probably could have done without that book. However, I am really enjoying The Craft of Natural Dyeing, and The Dyer's Companion. I am doing a little reading before I jump in with the dyeing. I am really interested in useing plants, flowers, etc. to dye with. We are getting ready to plant our garden, and I want to try growing our own plants to use. If I don't get on the ball, it may be next year before I am ready for that!Well, that's all I have for now. Happy knitting and spinning.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home