Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

More Finished Projects

Since I posted last, I have had family visiting for a week, and have been covering at work for someone who is gone on vacation. I have noticed that the busier I am, the less time I have to be down. I have also noticed that having some time, even if it is only 30 minutes per day, to work on crafts really helps my mental outlook and is cheaper than going to a therapist.

The first prlject that I finished for September was a pair of felted slippers that I made for my Mother-in-Law for her birthday. I had them felted and gave them to her before they left so that I could see what she thought of them. She was tickled.

The second thing that I did was to spin a skein of yarn. There was a picture of the roving in my last post. And this is how it turned out.



Specs: Fiber - Blue Faced Leicester


Color - The Lady of Shalott by Snake River Fiberworks

Weight - aprox. 4 oz.


WPI - 14-16 (between sport and DK weight)

Yardage - aprox. 277 yards.


I have never spun BFL before, but I really enjoyed it. It was easy to work with and was prepared very nicely, in fact I don't remember seeing any vegetable matter at all in the fiber. This fiber has a nice soft hand, although not quite the same as Merino, it was still lovely. This skein will be going to a good home as I have several friends that were wanting to buy some handspun yarn.

The third project that I finished so far this month, was another gift..........



Pattern - Fake Isle Hat by Amy King (originally printed in Mag Knits, November 2006)


Needles - US size 6, 16" circulars, Addi Turbos (what else!!)


Yarn - 1 skein Schoeller and Stahl Limbo color #2539, and 1 skein Cleckheaton Country 8 ply in black.

There was about 1/2 of a skein of each yarn leftover. I have been contemplating knitting a pair of matching fingerless mitts. Of course that means designing my own, and I haven't done anything like that before.

Next on the Needles is the Printed Silk Cardigan from the Spring 2008 issue of Interweave Knits. n I have started knitting the back but have had a few false starts trying to get the gauge to come out right.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home