Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Monday, October 06, 2008

Printing on the Silk Cardigan!

I have been devoting most of my knitting time, the last few weeks, on the Printed Silk Cardigan. I really like the feel of the yarn that I am using (Ella Rae - Silkience). The silk ply that is plied into the yarn has been a little problematic and doesn't always like to stay together with the other strands, so I have had to be very careful with my knitting.

Please forgive the angle of this picture, it makes the back of my sweater look like it is a mile wide!! I am knitting the size 38". The color did come out pretty true in the shot.

Here is a closeup of the pattern. The quality of the pic could be alittle better, but I am still practicing with my camera.

I also tried to knit the Swell hat by Kimmie Kemper from Knitty, Summer 2006. I tried knitting it with Lamb's Pride worsted, but that yarn just doesn't have enough elasticity to make a good fit for a hat. I guess I will have to try something else.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home