Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Another pair finisihed...


I did it, I did it! Whoo Hooo! I finished my second pair of socks in one month! And check out these pictures, I think I am getting better with the camera - and it didn't take me an hour to take the pictures this time.

Details:
Pattern - Broadripple
Yarn - Cascade Fixation, color no. 9862(98.3% Cotton, 1.7% elastic). I used 2 50 gm. balls.
Needles - Size 3 circular addi Turbo needles.



The yarn was very different than working with wool. I stretched it a little bit while knitting, and it is still plenty loose ( not too lose, not too tight), on my leg. I really like the scalloped edge on the cuff and am pleased with the way the design turned out. One of the bestest things about knitting these socks - I had yarn left over!! It may not have been very much, but I did have yarn left over. I guess I stretched one ball of yarn more than the other while knitting, although not enough to make any difference in how the socks fit me.

I have also been knitting on the red bookworm tunic this week, and have the back almost finished. I should have it done by the beginning of next week, and be able to start on the front.

I have the next 4 days off of work and am going out of town tomorrow with the hubby. Hopefully he will take me to a yarn shop that I have been wanting to check out. I've heard it is a great store, and I'm itching to buy yarn for another project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home