Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

I hope everyone has had a great Mother's Day. I told myself that I would try to relax and not dash around the house like a mad woman cleaning and picking up after everyone, and stressing out. It's hard, but so far all I've done is rotate laundry and start the dishwasher! I have also made some time to catch up on some e-mail business now that my computer is up and running again. We had to replace the hard drive and had trouble getting back online once we re-loaded all the software. So yesterday a friend came to the house and spent about 2 hours getting everything straightened out and running the security checks on the computer.

Enough of that "stuff" and on to the "fun stuff"! I have been finishing parts of projects, and starting new ones this past week. So brace yourself for a picture heavy post!















The top picture is the finished front of the bookworm tunic. It hasn't been blocked yet, and I'm hoping that the bottom hem will lay flat after blocking. The otherpicture is a close-up of the bottom detail. The front really looks like a basketweave pattern. And yes- I am going to wear some kind of shirt underneath! Everyone doesn't need to know what color bra I am wearing. Has anyone ever seen a red bra? I'm sure they make them. When it is finished there will be an adge around the neck that coordinates with the ribbing on the bottom.

This is the start of my Tangled Garden socks. It has been slow going on these since they are only my second fair isle project. Working with 2 yarn colors is tricky. I'm also trying to weave the yarns as I go, and not carry the yarn over more than one stitch. Needless to say I've done alot of tinking and re-knitting. I re-knit one row at least four times before I got it right. I kept coming up one stitch short at the end, then had to go back and find the dropped stitch. I tried taking it off the needles one time to frog back to my mistake. Boy that was scary, and I was missing a stitch or two when I put it back on the needles! This project is not for the faint of heart!


The sock on the right is for the May Project Spectrum. Isn't it a nice shade of green? It is the same yarn that I used for the red socks that I liked so much (Stampato Extra, 100% Australian Merino). This yarn is so soft, it is a real pleasure to work with. I have another green project that I started today that is NOT socks. Can you believe it? I am interested in other things than socks. This other project should be quick to do. Hopefully I'll have pics posted at the end of the week.




Yes, I saved the best picture for last. It's the gratuitous picture of yarn I received in the mail this past week. I don't usually mail order much, but have been doing alot of it lately. It comes in handy when there isn't much shopping for 90 miles or more. The yarn on the top is Socks That Rock in the Lapis color way. It really does have some beautiful shades of blue, purple and green that I think show up pretty well in this picture. The yarn on the bottom is Colinette Chrysalis Cotton in Sunrise #121. I had to search and search online to find this yarn. I finally found The Yarn Studio in Memphis that didn't actually have the yarn in stock, but was able to order it for me. I plan on making the spiral rib bag in the One Skein book as part of the KAL that I joined.

Stay tuned for more pics later this week. Warning: furture pictures may contain beading content!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home