Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Project Spectrum Update

First of all, Happy Easter ! Wea re not having a "typical" Easter. It has rained off and on all day. We are zooming towards 80 inches of rain for the year in our area.

I have been busily working on socks for the April sock-a-month KAL and Project Spectrum. They are bright and cheery which is just what I need with all the cloudy days and rain that we have been having. I finished the first sock, one more to go. I have alot of yellow tops in my closet, several even have some light pink in them, so I should make quite the fashion statement, don't you think?? (If I don't get arrested by the fashion police first!)

This past week I have been busy making a CD with orange and yellow theme music. Anjo was nice enough to share the list of songs that she came up with. She was definitely inspired by the colors for Project Spectum for this month (see her post for 3-29-06). The songs that I ended up with were a little different - I ended up pputting more Beatles songs on my CD, plus Orage Blossom Special by Johnny Cash, and Lemon Tree by Peter Paul and Mary. It was alot of fun, and I can see why Anjo enjoys making CD's/ My jewel case for my CD isn't going to be as fancy as hers, but I did get some fun paper to decorate with from the local scrapbooking store.


I hope everyone has had a wonderful Easter!

3 Comments:

Blogger craftymodster said...

I agree with Lolly, those papers are fabulous! I hope you decide to post your jewelcase design once finished.

Thanks for the shoutout and kind words about my mix. I had too much fun with April's mix and I would have loved to have added Johnny Cash + P, P & M, but there were just too many to narrow down from. ugh! Now May's mix is a totally different story as I am having issues with 'green' songs. Wish me luck. Got any ideas...send them my way! :~)

BTW your socks are absolutely scrumptious! Beautiful and vivid.

Anjo

9:54 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Love the papers...very colorful. The socks look great. Make that fashion statement..I think you get a pass when you make the item yourself!
I wore some jean capris today and wanted so badly to wear my pink knitted socks, but put them back for fear of a major fashion faux pas.

7:26 AM  
Blogger ShelbyD said...

I would be happy everytime I wore those socks. Great colors.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home