Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Monday, May 22, 2006

End of the year rush....

This past week has been very busy. As you all know, the last month that the kids are in school can be very crazy. My oldest son is graduating from high school in a five short weeks, and then will be going on a missions trip with our church's youth group to the Bahamas and will be working with Champs International. He has been busy working part-time, finishing up some college classes, going to meetings to get ready for the trip, and fund raising. We spent most of Friday and about 4 hours Friday night putting on a dinner for the ladies of the church. All the kids worked hard setting up, serving and then cleaning up after the dinner. I'm very excited for them and their chance to serve and witness to others in another country.

Needless to say, with all the business, my work, and having to take a kid out of town for an orthodontist appointment (that blew a whole day), I haven't gotten as far as I would like on my knitting. I hope to finish the green socks either tonight or tomorrow night and will post pictures then. I also started working on a beading project last weekend, but didn't get very far. I really don't want to post any more pics until I have completed items. I don't know about anyone else, but when my life gets so hectic, I seem to have more trouble focusing on one project at a time.


Enough of that. I know the next five weeks will fly by,and THEN.....I fly to Texas to spend 2 weeks with my mom and sis. I am very excited! It will be "girl time". We all like to craft together and shop. Last year we made some dresses for my mom, listened to a book on tape, did some cross-stitching, baked different food (like Spanakopita and biscotti - things my teenage boyz aren't real interested in eating) and went to see a chick flick. At the end of our time together we made beaded bracelets. My mom had been collecting the beads for quite awhile. A few of the beads came from things that had been passed down from my grandmother. This bracelet will always be special to me and remind me of the time I had with my mom and sis (sniff, sniff). This year I hope that my mom will teach me more about beading so I That I can do some projects independently.

I have done a few bracelets since last summer. The bracelet with the leaves was fun to do. The pattern was from a magazine -Beadwork (August/September 2005). There were alot of patterns in that issue that I wanted to do, and there are alot in the present issue that I would like to do and have been collecting beads for. The bracelet with the pink faceted beads, pearls and silver beads was an idea from a bracelet I saw in a jewelry store. I sure like the way it came out.

So now you know- I am insane! I love to make things, and keep adding more hobbies to my list of things I like to do. Actually - I like anything with color and different textures. Now I need to add more closets.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home