Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Friday, April 21, 2006

My Bad?



Well, I've been bitten by the joining bug again. I recently purchased Oneskein. If you haven't seen the book yet, check it out. There are alot of good, quick gifts to make. I had to go out of town the other day and visited one of my favorite yarn shops (of course). I got all kinds of yarn for future gift ideas. In fact my boys even commented on the amount of yarn I bought, even though it isn't as much as you would need for a sweater, or an afghan. I have yarn to make cupcakes, sachets and baby bibs. Don't worry mom, I'm not pregnant, and I'm not expecting grandkids anytime soon! I thought the yarn in the top picture would be good for baby bibs. It is cotton and has a bit of a sheen to it. Nothing too fancy for baby bibs, unless you don't plan on the baby wearing it while they are actually eating!

The yarn on the left side is Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino (good for a sachet or cupcake bottom). The yarn on the right is Cascade Fun. It has a little bit of a nubby texture to it. I'm not sure if I am going to use it for cupcake bottoms or the frosting.

I also bought this really cool yarn called Pandora from Trendsetter yarns. It's the next best thing to self-stiping yarn. It is all one color, but at least 3 different types of fibre-stuff combined in one. They had a scarf knitted up with this yarn and it was very interesting. I thought it would be great for May's Project Spectrum. The yarn is 100% Polyamide and the owner of the store told me that it tends to stick to any rough areas of your skin - and my hands aren't the softest. I'll let you know what I think of it when I finish my project. I do like that shade of green and have several things that I think the scarf will go with.


Hopefully, some of the next pictures on my site will be of something besides socks. Although I do love socks, and so do my cold feet. I bought a sweater the other day that was marked down 75% off the original price - because "it isn't sweater season any more." Well, when you live in the Pacific Northwest, it is always sweater season. By the way, I'm still knitting on my tunic. I'm up to the armhole shaping on the front. The back is done. Some people would say it is totally the wrong time of year to knit on this, and if I lived in the desert, I would agree. But when you have to wear your winter jacket and take quilts with you to go watch fireworks on the 4th of July, it is never the wrong time of year to knit with wool!!!

Okay, talking about socks reminded me I better get knitting on my socks for this months sock KAL. I got so excited about being close to 1/2 way done with the second sock, that I forgot to turn the heel before I picked up the gussets! I seem to do that pretty often - the excitement of being close to the home stretch gets me every time!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

You got a lot of great yarn! I haven't seen the book you are referring to, but have heard others talk about it. It would come in handy for decreasing the stash I bet...maybe I should look into getting that book LOL.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Lynette said...

So just where in Nor Cal are you? I'm in Crescent City

http://www.xanga.com/CAcablegal

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home