Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Two for One


Yeah, I finished my May socks. They are a gift for my friend Miss B (she's the one holding the socks, the mysterious arm belongs to my son N). She has never had a pair of hand made wool socks and loved them when she put them on. I'm helping her with her knitting so maybe by this time next year she'll be knitting her own! These socks also count for May's Project Spectrum. I hope to have another green project done before the first.

The socks were knit with Stampato Extra 100% Australian Merino, color #8014. There were knit with 2 Addi #3 circular needles. I used the Bubble Wrap Socks pattern from Sock Bug with some modifications. Since I was using a heavier yarn, I cast on 48 stitches which worked well with the pattern repeats. I only knit the pattern on the cuff, next time I think I'll carry it down to the toe.

I'm going to try to put do some stash busting for my next pair of socks. Now I have to decide which pattern to do next. Should I try the Pomatomussi?? socks?? I think that would work well with the Lapis STR yarn that I just got. Any suggestions?

1 Comments:

Blogger aija said...

Oh, I love the pomatomus pattern... I'm going to knit it again for my next sock :) I was trying to decide btw STR & trekking but will prolly go w/ the trekking for the trekking KAL ... but I *love* the pomatomii in STR that I've seen :)

Yay for you and your gift socks, too!

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home