Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Frustration Station

I just haven't had very good luck with getting online lately. Our internet service has been down quite frequently lately, especially when I have the time to post. Last night I had almost my whole post typed before I realized that the internet service went down, so I am going to try, try again.

I was going to town on Tangled sock #2, when I decided to take a closer look at my progress and discovered this ( see if you can tell what I did wrong)......
I'm so sorry about the yucky-yellow factor with the pictures (that was another part of my frustration factor last night) - but, if you look closely to the left of the curly "V" you might notice that it isn't a complete "curl". I must have missed a row or two on the pattern....AArgh!!!!


This second (much better quality, older picture) is upside down, but as you can see the curly-Q's below the cuff of the sock are complete, and good, and right. I just knew deep in my bones that everything was going along just a little too quickly. So my question of the day is.......drumroll please!..........Do I rip it back to the mistake and re-do it the right way, or do I ignore the mistake and pretend that these socks are not supposed to match perfectly (and hope that my pantleg always covers the mistake!). If I leave it the way it is, I don't think I will ever win a blue-ribbon at the fair (darn it). I think I hear my mother's voice in my head telling me that anything worth spending that much time making should be done right.

In the meantime, while I have been trying to screw up my courage to make a final decision about what to do about the Tangled socks, I finally started my first pair of Jaywalkers. I'm probably the last known sock knitter on the planet that hasn't knitted a pair yet. I had to join Lolly's Socktoberfest and wanted to work on a special pair of socks for it. I was going through my stash last week and couldn't find the perfect yarn to make them, so I had to "draaag" my self down to the LYS and buy a skein of hand-painted Opal fingerweight yarn. I am about 1/4th of an inch away from starting the heel and hope to get there tomorrow. I will post a picture when I can get one that isn't quite so yellow.

TTFN....(Ta-Ta for now - in case you missed Sleepless in Seattle)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home