Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Yes, I'm still alive...

This has been a very busy month between working extra hours and soccer season. There are only 2 more soccer games left (both of them out-of-town), and this coming Sat. is the last Sat. game!! I will be getting my Saturdays back for catching up on housework, shopping and maybe even going to the LYS and visiting and knitting (and shopping of course!). I love watching the kids play soccer, but it's always such a relief when it is over.

See, I have been doing some knitting in some stolen moments.

This is the first Jaywalker sock with the Opal handpainted yarn. I am up to turning the heel tonight on the second sock. I don't quite understand how people get SSS (second- sock-syndrome), I'm always anxious to get my socks done so that I can wear them. The only second sock that I have had trouble with is the Tangled Sock (see previous post).

I am on my 3rd of 4 days off in a row. I'm loving it and have been doing way too much cleaning, and not enough knitting! I even made homemade cookies for the kids. I made them right before dinner last night, and everyone had to taste test the cookies before dinner (next time I think I'll time it different). The fabric in the background of the picture above is for the lining of a jacket that I was cutting out today. It is very simple - no darts, no gathering in the sleeves... maybe I'll finish it in this lifetime.

Last Saturday was kinda frustrating, I had my mind set to get all kinds of stuff done, and then my dryer died. It has had health problems in the past, but this time it was terminal. We decided it would behoove us to get a larger capacity washer and dryer since we still have 5 people in the house, and will for awhile yet. We ended up with the HE4 by Kenmore.


It is soooo nice to have a regular load done in less than an hour instead of 2 hours in the dryer. I'm hoping it will really make a difference on our electridity bill.

I hope to post again some time this weekend, hopefully with my second Jaywalker sock done. I hope everyone has a good week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home