Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

No Idle Hands Here!!

I may not be doing a whole lotta posting, but I have been making some progress on my knitting. I have been diligently working on the "Sock It To Me Baby" sweater for a friend's baby that is due the first part of May. Obviously, from the picture I need to do some blocking!! I only have one more sleeve to knit before I block and start sewing all the pieces together. The pattern said not to expect the front pieces to match the back (stripe-wise), but the stripes should be pretty darn close to matching across the front. I wasted quite a bit of yarn trying to make sure they matched! I'm hoping that I will have enough yarn to knit a matching cap also.
Sunday night I had to take a break from baby knitting to work on my Inside Out Socks from the STR club. I used Size 000 Addi circulars for the foot of the sock, and size 0 DPN's for the toe and the heel. I'm thinking that I will continue with the size 0 for the cuff of the sock. Instead of "pooling" of the colors on the foot, I prefer to call it "puddles". (I know it's kinda corny what with the the name of the color being "Monsoon" - oh well, that's me, corny at times). At this point I will be glad if I get one sock done before I get my next kit, unless I happen to be one of the unlucky few to be the last to receive a kit, again. I don't think that should happen twice in a row. I think the problem with my last kit being late was the fact that they had some kind of problem with the binders that they sent with the kits.

This is the first time that I have done a toe up sock. After doing the wrap and turn for the increases on the toe, it was a little quicker and easier to do the wrap and turns for the heel of the sock. The socks seem to be a pretty good fit so far. Wish me luck on the cuff!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home